About Golden Temple Paragraph and ten Lines for students. This is an informational note about the topic. This article is full of useful ideas, specially written for students by our creative essay writing.
Hope the article will answer your all queries and don’t hesitate to share your comment with us.
Short Paragraph On Golden Temple For Children And Students
Many refugees had to be resettled due to the war in Afghanistan. One group of people who were asked for help were the Sikhs, but most of the time no one was listening. The Golden Temple or Harimandir Sahib is a spiritual center for all Sikhs and was built at the end of the 16th century by Guru Arjan Dev Ji, the fifth of the ten Gurus. According to Sikhs, it is a sacred place and was visited by many prophets before Guru Ji’s time, including Baba Buddha Ji and Nanak Dev Ji.
The Golden Temple is also known as Harmandir Sahib which means the Temple of God and is located in Amritsar, Punjab. It is the holiest pilgrimage site of Sikhism and is one of the largest man-made structures in India. Sikhs from all over the world visit Amritsar to meet Guru Granth Sahib Ji – the last spiritual and temporal leader of the faith for 5 days each year at harvest time – to pay their respects.
The Golden Temple is surrounded by a large lake called Amrit Sarovar, which means something like a nectar pole. The upper floor of the temple houses the Adytum (holy sanctuary Sanctorum), where the Guru Granth Sahib Ji (the holy book of the Sikhs) is placed on a throne under an ornate canopy. This room is only open to Sikhs, but the lake can be seen from its marble jetty.
Below the Adytum is a lower floor with entrances to an even larger hall called the langar (free kitchen). Here pilgrims receive free meals from volunteer members of the community every day of the year.
The Harmandir Sahib is set in gold every year on the anniversary of the laying of the foundation stone, which fell on February 20th that year. The entire temple is gilded with nearly 80 kilograms (175 pounds) of pure 24-karat gold foil. The project to cover the temple with gold foil began two years ago and will be completed next year.
Tan Lines On Golden Temple For Kids Students
1. The temple is known to this day as the Golden Temple due to its architecture and the gold foil that covers it.
2. The sacred book of the Sikhs, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, is always placed outdoors on a throne under an ornate canopy so that people can come freely and pray.
3. The lake next to the temple is called Amrit Sarovar, which means something like a nectar pool.
4. The Golden Temple was built in the late 16th century by Guru Arjan Dev Ji, the fifth of the ten Gurus.
5. Many prophets visited this place before him, including Baba Buddha Ji and Nanak Dev Ji.
6. Many Sikhs and people of other religions every year pay their respects to Guru Granth Sahib Ji and eat free food there offered by volunteer members of the community.
7. All of this makes it a very important place for the Sikh religion and an important place of pilgrimage as well as a spiritual center.
8. The history of the Golden Temple can be traced back to 1577 when Guru Arjan Dev Ji began construction.
9. He built this temple for worship and also as a place where people could live peacefully without any problem.
10. The Sikh community he founded soon became very strong and continued to grow in the centuries that followed.