Read short and long paragraph on global warming with details on the causes and effects of global warming and the solution.
Global warming is basically a change in climate that causes an increase in the temperature of the Earth. This rise in temperature is because of an increased amount of greenhouse gases.
Short Essay & Paragraph On Global Warming | For Children & Students
Greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide, ozone, methane, and nitrous oxide trap the incoming radiation from the sun. This effect creates a blanket which prevents the heat from moving back into the atmosphere. The greenhouse effect is an important factor for life on Earth.
However, when an increased amount of greenhouse gas is trapped, this results in the melting of ice, which contributes to global warming.
1. Causes Of Global Warming
1. Deforestation – The main cause of global warming is deforestation. Plants use carbon dioxide and release oxygen as a by-product, which is essential for living beings.
Unfortunately, due to mass deforestation activities by humans, there is a significant amount of increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which causes global warming.
2. Burning of Fossil Fuel – Another cause of global warming is the burning of fossil fuel for energy. A number of toxic fumes are released into the atmosphere due to the burning of excess fossil fuel, which results in disruption of the environment.
3. Volcanic Eruptions – A volcanic eruption is another cause of global warming. It releases a large amount of carbon dioxide and ash into the atmosphere. This results in an increase in the temperature of the Earth due to the excess amount of gas in the atmosphere.
4. Mining – Another contributor to global warming is mining. Methane gas is trapped below the Earth in a heavy amount. During mining, this trapped gas escapes and significantly concentrates the atmosphere.
5. Transportation – The means of transportation like buses, trucks, and cars release carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide in heavy amounts into the atmosphere, which can cause an increase in the Earth’s atmosphere.
2. Effects Of Global Warming
1. Climate Changes – All these hurricanes, floods, and landslides are a direct result of global warming. According to research, if all the ice melts today, the seas will rise about 230 feet. This will bring a great disaster to mankind.
2. Ecosystem Distraction – Disruption of habitats such as coral reefs could lead to the extinction of many plants and animals.It will lead to disruption of the ecosystem, which is the essential element for biodiversity. It is a bad effect of global warming.
3. Human Health – Due to extreme events, millions of people are affected worldwide due to an increase in malnutrition and death. Higher levels of air pollution can lead to allergies, asthma, and other infectious diseases.
3. Solution – Points To Prevent Global Warming
There are several things that we can do to prevent global warming.
- We should stop open burning of dry leaves or burning garbage because it contributes to releasing harmful toxins into the atmosphere.
- Recycling is another great option that can reduce the open burning of garbage. It promotes the reuse of plastic bags and glass. It reduces global warming.
- The government should make rules to reduce deforestation and secure trees.
- We should plant as many trees as possible to reduce carbon dioxide in the air. Trees will improve the Earth’s temperature and maintain the climate, which will finally reduce global warming.
- While buying a car, we should always look for the one that offers the highest gas mileage and the lowest emissions
4. Conclusion Lines
The effects of global warming have started hitting humanity, and it is too harmful to ignore this issue. Besides, human beings are the ones exploiting the natural resources and contributing to global warming.
It is the need of the hour to take care of the Earth with immediate effects to make it safe for our future generations, or they will also suffer from global warming.