Television is an important part of our daily lives. The following short and long paragraph on television (TV) cover the value, importance, advantages, and disadvantages of TV in our lives.
These paragraphs are in simple words and punctuated with quotes and images. They are very useful for children and students in kindergarten, primary school, and high school.
Brief Paragraph About Television | Importance, Advantages & Disadvantages Of TV
Television is an electronic device. It is found all around the world. It is one of the most used wonders of science; it is almost seen in every house.
People entertain their free time by watching television. It is not only a source of entertainment but also keeps an individual globally updated.
There are many informative channels and programmes that bestow us with knowledge and information.
1. The Importance Of Television
Since its invention in 1927, TV has played an important role in our lives. When someone is alone at home, it is our best companion. It entertains and enriches us.
It helps in the spiritual nourishment of an individual because religious programmes broaden our mental horizons and enable us to differentiate between right and wrong.
Television is a rich source of information. In the beginning, television was called an “idiot box” because it didn’t contain any informative programmers or channels.
It was used only for the sake of entertainment and spending free time, but now there are many news channels and informative channels which create awareness.
2. The Advantages of Television
This is a cheap mode of entertainment. This entertaining device is affordable; even the poor can own it and get entertained by watching different programs, movies, songs, and sports.
2. Television keeps us up-to-date. There are many news channels that broadcast news. One gets updated by watching happenings all around the world.
3. There are many educational program and channels that benefit students. Knowledge about science and different subjects helps students learn.
4. Television helps to widen the exposure of an individual. We learn to develop our skills and get motivated to do our best in our respective fields. The speeches and characters of legends inspire us to do more and to be more.
5. Television helps us learn about national and international events around the world. Many informative program are on air about different cultures, traditions, and religions in the world, which increase our knowledge and interest in celebrating events.
6. Live sports matches are watched on television. One gets highly excited and entertained by watching live program and matches.
7. Television is a good source for creating understanding and closeness among family members.
8. There are some religious channels which broadcast informative program regarding religious teachings. By watching those channels, one can adopt religious teachings and lead a peaceful life.
3. Disadvantages of Television
1. Television has left a negative impact on our new generation. Television corrupts the minds of youth. It promotes inappropriate content, which has given birth to many social evils. Youth are inclined to do what is being promoted through television.
2. Television is very harmful to our health. Watching it for hours affects our eyes. People don’t sleep properly.
3. Those who watch television till the late hours of the night find their health destroyed because proper rest is very necessary for good health.
4. The sleep cycle of viewers is badly affected by television, which harms one’s health.
5. Students waste their precious time watching movies and listening to songs. Instead of studying, they watch television and funny program and dramas, which affect their academic career.
6. Television breaks down social interaction; addiction to this device destroys an individual’s social life.
7. People get too addicted, and they hardly give time to their loved ones. Many people keep watching television all alone.
8. Even if they ignore their family members while watching any program, it weakens social relationships.
9. Sometimes television disrupts the peace of society and nation. Fake information is circulated through news channels, citizens are misinformed and the government propagates its propaganda, which is always the opposite of the masses.
100 words Short Paragraph On Television For Kids
This wonderful invention of John Bayard is widely used for entertainment, information, and knowledge. It is modified into LEDs and LCDs.
It educates and entertains us. It plays a key role in our personal, professional, and public lives. Simply put, this is the most efficient and cost-effective mode of current affairs.
it informs, educates, influences and entertains. It increases creative skills and strengthens family bonds.