Paragraph about Water Pollution In English: Read selected analytical short and brief Paragraphs on pollution for Student.
Water pollution is the chemical or biological change in quality of water mainly due to the presence of waste and harmful particles in water.
Paragraph On Causes & Adverse Effects Of Water Pollution
It is a very serious environmental issue and if this issue is neglected then we would suffer from severe diseases.
We drink water regularly and if we look at the water through microscope then we will see that it might look clean but it is contaminated with a lot of harmful particles.
Many families now have installed water purifiers at home but this is not the solution to this problem.
Unfortunately, we are the ones responsible for this pollution. But this needs to be stopped. This is our country and we are responsible for its safety and cleanliness.
Water or environment pollution occurs due to a number of reasons including:
1. Chemical pollution – Water pollution occurs due to chemical pollution from industries and mines. People do not take cleanliness seriously and throw garbage away.
A number of contaminants are released into the ground due to construction work, which eventually ends up in ground water cause land pollution.
2. Agricultural waste Pollution – Another factor that leads to water pollution is agriculture waste that flows to water sources in heavy amounts.
3. Oil pollution – Oil spilled from ships, tankers, and pipelines is responsible for polluting our seas and oceans. The oil flowing into the water surface prevents the flow of oxygen, as a result of which the oxygen supply to aquatic animals is reduced.
4. Plastic Pollution – Another main cause of water pollution is the waste of plastic bags and plastic bottles in the water. They break down into tiny toxic particles, which are harmful to marine animals. They eat these broken pieces of plastic and lose their lives.
5. Pesticides Pollution – The pesticides that we use to kill flies or animals have harmful toxins like mercury or lead. These chemicals eventually drain into rivers or lakes through the sewage system, and they are a threat to human life. According to research, about ten million people in the world drink water daily that contains pesticides.
1. Effects On human life – There are many dangerous effects of water pollution on human health. There are many diseases that are spread through unclean water.
Children and pregnant women are especially at risk because once these harmful wastes are ingested through water, their toxins can lead to some serious deformities in children.
2. Effects On environment – The marine ecosystem is in danger due to water pollution. This problem can cause an entire ecosystem to collapse if left untreated.
3. 10 Preventive Measures?
We can take care of some important things to prevent water pollution:
1. We should properly dispose of chemical waste so that it will not end up in the drain.
2. Do not leave litter on the streets and properly dispose of waste in trash cans.
3. We should minimize the use of plastic in our society.
4. The solution to pollution is dilution.
5. We can reduce water pollution by using soluble products that do not go on to become pollutants.
6. We should properly check vehicles and make sure that there is no spilling of oil from ships and tankers.
7. We should use phosphate free soaps and detergents to reduce water pollution because too much phosphate can lead to health problems as it pollutes water.
Water plays a very important role in balancing our ecosystem. No human activity is possible without water, and we need water for our survival.
We should work as a community to keep our rivers clean so that the animals, humans, plants, and people who depend on them for their survival remain healthy. By doing this, we will make this world a better place.