Apprehensive is an adjective which refers to having anxious or fearful feelings about something that may happen. It can be used to describe a person’s state of mind, or their behavior in certain situations. In this article, we’ll discuss what part of speech the word apprehensive is and some examples of how it can be used in a sentence.
What part of speech is Apprehensive?
Uses of Apprehensive with different parts of speech:
Apprehensive is an adjective. This means that it is used to describe a noun or pronoun. It can be used to show how someone feels, or their behavior in certain situations.
- She was apprehensive about the meeting. (showing her feelings)
- He behaved apprehensively when faced with the challenge. (showing his behavior)
- The new employee was apprehensive about his first day on the job. (showing his feelings)
Apprehensive can also be used as a verb, which means that it is the action being done. When it is used in this way, it usually has to do with worrying or feeling anxious about something.
- She apprehensively awaited the results of her test. (showing her action)
- They apprehensively watched the news for updates. (showing their action)
- He apprehensively called his parents to tell them the bad news. (showing his action)
Apprehensive can also be used as an adverb, which means that it modifies a verb or adjective to give more information about the action. It is typically used to show how someone is feeling or behaving when they do something.
- She spoke apprehensively to her boss about a raise. (modifying the verb spoke)
- He looked apprehensively around the room before entering. (modifying the verb looked)
- She answered the question apprehensively. (modifying the verb answered)
Apprehensive is an adjective, verb, and adverb that can be used to describe a person’s feelings or behavior in certain situations. It is often used to show how someone is feeling anxious or worried about something and can also be used to modify verbs or adjectives to give more information about the action being done.
By understanding what part of speech apprehensive is, it can be used correctly in various contexts and help people communicate their feelings and emotions accurately.
We hope this article has helped you better understand what part of speech the word apprehensive is, and given you some examples on how it might be used in sentences. Thank you for reading!
1. Is apprehensive a noun or adjective?
Answer: Apprehensive is an adjective.
2. Is apprehensive an adverb?
Answer: Yes, apprehensive can also be used as an adverb.
3. What is apprehensive as a noun?
Answer: Apprehensive is not used as a noun.
4. What is the adjective form of apprehensive?
Answer: Apprehensive is already an adjective, so there is no other form of it.
Hello! Welcome to my Blog StudyParagraphs.co. My name is Angelina. I am a college professor. I love reading writing for kids students. This blog is full with valuable knowledge for all class students. Thank you for reading my articles.