Load shedding usually happens in the summer season in India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. Students can read and study this short and easy paragraph on load shedding.
Discontinuation of electricity supply for some time for a short or long period is called load shedding. Normally, load shedding is scheduled in advance, but most of the time, it happens without any warning when the transmission frequency falls below.
Short And Long Paragraph On Load Shedding For Students
It has become a major problem and part of our daily lives. Nowadays, it causes interruptions in all circles of life. The electricity crisis literally paralyses a country and makes the lives of its citizens a living hell. Load shedding in any country is due to the fact that there is a lack of management and foresight by the government of that country.
1. Impact Of Load Shedding
The shortage of electricity is damaging our industry, commerce, and agriculture. In mini industries, there is no alternative source of electricity, so when load shedding starts, these industries stop their work.
Factories are unable to provide enough production to meet the requirements of the market. To cope with this problem, the industries that are working on a large scale use generators to run machinery. However, this raises the total cost of production.
Because of load shedding, it is impossible to do surgical operations in hospitals. Sometimes, power goes off during the operation, and it results in the loss of human life.
The area of education is also being vastly affected by the electricity crisis. Students especially suffer because of load shedding. Due to extensive hours of power shortage, they suffer a lot, especially in exam season, and cannot give proper time to their studies.
Most of the Pakistani economy depends on agriculture, but due to load shedding, tube wells and other machines cannot work. Because of this, a water problem occurs, which damages the crops.
2. Causes Of Load Shedding
There are many contributing factors behind load shedding, including:
1. The main cause of electricity is that most of the electricity is used illegally without paying any charges.
2. Our existing dams are losing their ability to store sufficient amounts of water for electricity generation.
3. The use of electricity increases in the summer because of the overuse of coolers, air conditioners, and refrigerators.
3. The entire nation suffers from indiscipline. People use as much electricity as possible. Lights are always “on” in malls, hotels, and streets, even during the night hours. This practice does not only increase power consumption but also generates maximum heat energy, which makes the environment uncomfortable.
3. Measures; how to Control Load Shedding
We can save a lot of energy by adopting some measures:
- More power stations should be established. District governments should be given suitable grants to set up their own power plants.
- More dams should be set up.
- The government should find alternate energy sources for electricity production.
Public awareness about the importance of electricity is very important.
- The real solution lies in developing new hydroelectric projects.
- All malls should be closed early at night.
Utilizing foreign aid to start large scale projects should be done immediately to fulfil energy needs more easily.
- The government should take strict action against those who steal electricity.
4. Conclusion lines
In the presence of load shedding, progress is not possible in any country. That is why the elimination of load shedding is very important for the social, economic, and moral progress of a country.